I mainly work with brass as I love the colour and texture. However, please check the product description as I will mention the metal/materials used. As with most metals, brass with tarnish over time. This will give your piece an antique feel and look. However, if you want to restore the shine to your piece, below are a couple of ways you can do that.
Cleaning your jewelry:
- Polishing cloth. You can get one at jewelry stores or can also buy one online. This is a great option for all types of metal jewelry.
- Warm water and soap. You can use your fingers or a soft toothbrush to gently scrub your item. Rinse your item until the water runs smoothly over the surface. Make sure to dry your piece off right away as brass retains water spots easily.
- Ketchup. It can be very useful for removing the grime off your jewelry. Use your fingers or a soft toothbrush to gently rub the sauce across the item. Once it is completely covered, let your jewelry sit for a minute. Rinse off all residue of the sauce, if the piece doesn’t look as clean as you would like it to, go ahead and try the process a second time. Once it has reached your desired cleanliness level, rinse and dry well.
- Lemon juice. Pour one cup of water into a container and squeeze half a lemon and pour the lemon juice into the water. Then add and stir in a teaspoon of salt until dissolved. Place your jewelry in the mixture and keep an eye on it until it has reached cleanliness. Wash off the item and dry completely.
General care instructions:
- Chemicals like hairspray, perfume, deodorant, body lotion, bleach, fruit juice, tea etc., can speed up the tarnishing process.
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture.
- Store your jewelry in individual, small bags, or in a jewelry box.
- Do not store jewelry unprotected in the bathroom or exposed to humidity and moisture.